19 Jul 2011

Community Gardens at Centennial Gardens!

I first heard about this specific community garden when a customer came into my store, looking for coveralls in the rainy season. I have tried to contact the people who operate these gardens to volunteer, but no dice so far. However, my friend and i stumbled upon them on a long walk. They are located very close to the General Hospital in St. Catharines. It is so amazing what you can fit into a small space, what luscious, strong and nourishing plants grow here. I am always excited, impressed and inspired by community gardens, and i'm hoping to see more around the city.

Nice Zucchini

i adore the sheer brightness of this swiss chard. definitely growing this at the next opportunity i have.


I'm not quite sure what this is, could it be a specialty lettuce such as argula?

No comments:

Post a Comment