12 Aug 2011

More Tomatoes

The tomatoes have been having some problems cracking with the large amounts of rain we've been having. Also, I don't think I'm a huge fan of the large - beefsteak - type tomatoes. Those are mainly from my father's garden plot, which I am tending to while he is away. I find they crack much too fast. A couple of his plants are also suffering from "bottom-rot" which is a powerful affliction, but fascinating to see. The bottoms of the tomato will be completely gone, with a beautiful and colourful pattern on the bottom. However, apparently this can be brought on by a lack of calcium in the soil.


I love, love love this tomato variety. I believe it is called "Sierra Leone." It really catches people's eyes and is very popular just because it is so interesting-looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment