24 Feb 2012

Possibly the best cookie recipe ever



This is my all-time favourite cookie recipe.  My good friend, Alix first introduced it to me and I believe it is from the PPK (Post-Punk-Kitchen series which is completely vegan).  I used quite a few substitutes which I will list below.  Also used, was the leftover pumpkins from my garden in the summer.  I used one whole pumpkin for each batch.


Pumpkin Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chip Clusters
makes about 18 cookies
Ingredients:
1 c flour
1/2 c rolled oats
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
dash pumpkin pie spice (i omitted this)
3/4 c sugar
1/3 c applesauce (or pear butter, apple butter)
1 tbs canola oil (or sunflower oil)
1 tbs molasses (or maple syrup)
1/2 c canned pumpkin (or fresh pumpkin, de-cored, de-seeded, peeled and roasted for about 20 minutes at 350)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbs ground flax seed (omitted)
1/2 c walnuts, crushed (optional)
1/3 c chocolate chips (or cocao nibs which are bits of pure cacao coated with coconut sugar)

Preheat oven at 350; grease your baking sheets or line them with foil.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and spices.

In a large bowl, mix sugar, applesauce, oil, molasses, pumpkin, vanilla and flax seed.


Add dry to wet in a few batches, stirring in between additions. Fold in walnuts & chocolate chips.


Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet. They don't spread out that much, so if you want more of a flat cookie, flatten them out. I wanted a more cluster-like cookie, so I only flattened them out a little bit. The batter should stick to your fingers.


Bake for about 15 minutes.


(Adapted from theppk.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment